SUMMER INTENSIVE COURSE
There are 2 courses available in 2019.
Course 1 : Monday 29th July to Thursday 8th August (9.30am – 4pm Mon – Thurs)
Course 2: Monday 12th August to Thursday 22nd August (9.30m- 4pm Mon – Thurs)
The course will cover all areas of English and Maths required for the 11+ tests including:
- Mental Maths and short cuts to accurate calculations;
- Complex multi-step calculations in Maths;
- Verbal reasoning – questions relevant to the new tests;
- Vocabulary enhancements;
- Comprehension of a wide range of texts;
- Creative writing for different purposes and audiences;
- Grammar and punctuation;
- Exam technique;
- Time management;
- Strategies on how to remain calm and not panic;
- All materials for the Course will be provided, adapted and customised so that they are specific to our needs.
The course content will be exactly the same for both courses.
As places are strictly limited for the Intensive Course please contact me as soon as possible.
Pupils who have attended this course previously, have managed to secure places at the selective grammar schools in the Sutton and Kingston areas. This course was also beneficial to those sitting Independent Schools’ exams and all of those pupils were offered places at their chosen schools, many with scholarships.